Tuesday 17 January 2017

Morphe 35O Palette - Real v Fake

Hello everybody <3


Somehow I managed to get the Morphe 35O Palette after months of waiting. I got an email from Cult Beauty saying it has came in stock and I moved like a cheetah chasing it's prey. No joke, I was not missing out. Including delivery it came to around £27 which I was happy to pay. The palette itself is £23.50 which works to 60p an eyeshadow which is amazing value. 

A couple of weeks prior to this, I got a fake one so I thought I would talk to you about the differences. I couldn't find many blogs or even youtube videos about the real v fake so I hope this is useful for you!


These were some of the main differences I found. The bottom two show the real one on the right and the fake one on the left. You can see that on the fake one, the 'M' is slightly raised above the other letters and that the font/word doesn't look as spread as the real one. The middle one shows what the box looks like on the real one. The barcode is in the bottom right with the serial number on it. The one on the top right shows the difference on the back of the palette. The real one has a silver sticker with '35O' whilst the fake one is black. The top left photo is not as obvious but the real one has small tiny circles on the bit above the gap and the fake one has lines.
Onto the actual colours. Some of them were significantly different. 
The top right colour was different along with the bottom right. The lighter colours on the fake one (right side) were darker than the original and the browns had a purple undertone.
The pigmentation of the fake one was chalky and not as easy to blend. The real one had really good pigmentation.



I would recommend not buying this palette from eBay or Depop, Only buy on official beauty palettes as then it will be genuine. I hope this has saved you from purchasing a fake one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment